Friday, 12 September 2008

Snow Farm

I attended a Mac ISchool training day on Friday and this video is a product from our learning on the day. It is unfinished because I got frustrated with the fluffing around and knew it can be done a lot quicker and easier in another programme using a different platform. But because it has the Snow Farm photos on it, it seemed silly to waste. Some Room 23 students are putting together a report using a different programme and will be presenting it soon on the blog, replacing this one.


What I was reminded of though, learning something new can be fun and frustrating! I do experience this a lot with ICT and it doesn’t matter what platform it is, Mac or PC. The thing about ICT is that it is changing all the time and will always require learning new things. It provides a great problem solving opportunity for students. I was interested to hear all the ohhs and wows coming from my colleagues. Yes ICT does have that wow factor and again it doesn’t matter what platform it is as this depends on the exposure. Kids are very quick to learn the whizz bangs, get over it and then find it boring! It is unfortunate but true, we live in an instant society. What I look for when I want to use ICT, is it educational, quick, reliable and simple to use because I use ICT as a tool in all curriculum areas. Time, class size and individual needs do not always allow time for fluff. .

I enjoyed the day and have gained some more experience using a Mac computer.

No comments: